Consider the following facts.
- Negligent Hiring:
- $1 million is the average settlement in a negligent hiring lawsuit
- 13% of workplace fatalities in one year were the result of assaults and violent acts by an employee. (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Fraud: According to a 2016 report by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners:
- 5% of a corporation’s annual revenues is lost to fraud
- $150,000 is the median loss from a single case of occupational fraud.
- 23% of occupational fraud cases resulted in a loss of at least $1 million
- Fines for FCRA non-compliance:
- $6 Million Publix Super Markets
- $5.7 Million AutoZone
- $4 Million Dollar General
- $3 Million Home Depot
- $3 Million Red Lion
Need help designing your background screening program or do you need to “tune up” your current program? If so, click here.
Learn the differences between County Criminal, State Criminal, Federal Criminal and “National” Criminal checks by speaking with your Cisive representative today at 1-866-557-5984.