The revised Form I-9 and instructions on how to use it can be found on the USCIS website.
Some notable changes:
- It asks for “other last names used” rather than “other names used”
- The certification process for certain foreign nationals has been streamlined
- It has dedicated areas for adding additional information, rather than having to add it in the margins
- Prompts have been added to help ensure information is entered correctly, and
- Multiple preparers and translators can now be entered.
USCIS is also saying that the revised Form I-9 is easier to complete using a computer, thanks to:
- Drop-down lists and calendars for filling in dates,
- On-screen instructions for each field
- Easy-to-access full instructions, and
- An option to clear the form and start over.